Thursday, March 28, 2013

PDD: March 2013

I was filled with a terrible sense of dread. It was pain doc day and the last few had gone badly for me. As usual,  I lost all ability to sleep starting Sunday for 24 hours before my Monday appointment It was as if every defense had gone wrong so that I was in as much pain as possible.

When I arrived, my pain meds kicked in more effectively than usual. It seems I was euphoric from not sleeping. I was pleasant with the drug testers whom I normally treat with all the contempt that I can summon. We were all laughing about things that usually make me want to grind my teeth. My usual doctor was back and that was nice. They let me skip the blood pressure test because they get skewed readings from the agony. I was pleased as punch.

Instead of having to wait for hours as my symptoms spiked,  I saw my normal doctor who picked up right where we left off. As I had hoped, the extreme pain trend stopped when I concentrated on the basics of taking my meds at the proper times while getting enough rest. Unfortunately,  the good mood couldn't last forever. The pain and fatigue hit me like a truck when I got home.

Nonetheless, it was a victory to have the appointment go well.

No comments:

Post a Comment