Monday, March 18, 2013

Part III: Write Everything Down

I am a long time journaller both public and private yet I keep very poor records. I grew up in a household where I had no expectation of privacy. Thus, I wrote down as little as possible. This helped me as a child but I have all the privacy I want and then some. I have no secrets that I'm keeping from Melissa and it's just the two of us.

Today,  I had the pleasure of a full-scale panic attack because I couldn't remember if I couldn't remember if I had paid the rent due March 1st. No, my landlord isn't that patient unless he wasttrying to help me out. He is more the sort to help me out by reminding me and then adding his worries to my own. I know this but I was having a panic attack. All such useful knowledge disappears mid-attack. BTW: I paid on February 25th.

Just for this reason, I had been writing down the date when I paid each bill. Then,  the paper binder I was using got buried by cat blankets, toys and some books. (The books were mine. ) I am going to use this tablet for the stuff I can write down. The binder will be useful for keeping actual paperwork. It will be nice to have my blog in the same place as when I put on my,most recent patch. Adding when I paid bills to that will be useful.

I am so tired. It's time to end this entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment