Friday, March 15, 2013

Extreme Pain Checklist, Part II

Yesterday,  I finished up my post in too much pain to continue. I noted that the second item on the checklist would be cutting tasks up into manageable, bite-sized pieces. What I failed to mention is just how bad I am at doing so. Part of the problem is that I can't find small enough pieces to swallow. Taking a single bag of trash out to the dumpster is too difficult and, at the same time, doesn't even let me break even. I require massive, maximum effort days just to catch up a little.

Each maximum effort day carries with it the threat of days dominated by screaming agony. Yes, there will come a point when I will take the risk to avoid offensive odors. What am I supposed to do when I'm at the screaming agony point already? The complicating point is the neigborhood dumpster. It is too far away. When Melissa drives the trash out, she might have to turn around and bring it back because it disappears all too often. If it is there, she must lift garbage over her head to shove it in.  This is a big deal for someone who may need shoulder surgery.

We do our best when I'm not already in agony or she is as up to it as she can be, the dumpster is there and nothing else has reached crisis proportions for the moment. I'm sick of living like this but the help isn't out there.

Where is my bite-sized piece?

No comments:

Post a Comment