Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Those Glorious Refreshing Showers

I hear it all over the place. Showers are the cure for all that's wrong with you. On a hot day, there's nothing like a hot shower to get all that sweat off you. On a cold day, a nearly scaldingly hot shower will take the ache right out of those bones. I never got the "hot shower" thing since I've always been sensitive to heat but the shower was a great place to solve problems in my head. Unless my father was timing me in order to teach me how to be more efficient or something, I did learn to enjoy a good shower. My father seemed to believe that adding time pressure to any task would help me somehow unless he just enjoyed making me freak out.

So, you might think that this is going to be about how my father ruined showers for the rest of my life but you'd be mistaken. As I started to experience arm pain and my restless arm syndrome, showers stopped being pleasant. After a shower, I have more trouble than usual using my arms as more than counter balancing weights somehow involved in walking. No, really! I'm just talking about swinging my arms. I can do that. Bringing my hands up to a typing position will be miserable

It's not just a matter of pain. I'm worn out compared to how I've been feel normally which isn't exactly fresh.

No comments:

Post a Comment