Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Summer Is Coming

Other than a tongue in cheek reference to the "winter is coming" theme of George R. R. Martin's now famous books, this title is a twist on that theme. Turning it on its head, summer is coming and it will bring a time of great hope and struggle with it. Winter has made all of my aches and pains work. After the long winter, I am exhausted and all but crushed but I seem to have survived. One of the great lessons in pain management is to survive now and deal with everything else later. Life doesn't like to cooperate and gives me crises with short term deadlines but the details don't matter right now. I survived and summer is coming.

Over the course of the next month, we'll get into A/C weather which sucks the humidity out of the air along with the heat. My energy will improve along with my overall mood. The heat is just as hard on my body as the cold but I can counter it better. Maybe it isn't so much a matter of dealing with the bad things in my life so much better. I know that I am doing better about getting excited about the good things. Facebook games and Playstation games interest me again. "FIFA '11" is the PS3 soccer game and I've started to see the poetry of the game again. My attacking midfielder cuts through groups of defenders. My defenders make long passes behind the opposing defense and the forwards manage to stay onside once in a while. When they do, it can be glorious. My favorite is when they occupy all the opponent's defenders leaving me wife open in front of the net.

On Facebook, I have good friends who play Galaxy Online II with me. I'm such a nerd but I'm surrounded by fellow nerds. I'm replacing older obsolete missile frigates wuth updated versions. At the same time, I'm gathering resources for the next big technolol leap forward. It's exciting even when it's frustrating. In real life, the coffee is very good though it's a risk of extreme tooth pain. There's always some sort of tradeoff but that's just life.

Yes, there are problems and issues all the time but there is also good in the world. I must remember to see the good even more than most people. I'm surviving and summer is coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment