Monday, June 11, 2012

Time Rolls By

I don't have any particular topic in mind here today but there's a few random things building up. First of all, I slept all of yesterday from early morning until late afternoon anyway. That has its own issues with not being able to clear my throat all the way, etc. Now I've been awake at least 16 hours as the day begins for most people. Well, some people have been working since the buttcrack of dawn and others would take my yesterday in a heartbeat. Sometime around 8 AM is just sort of an average start of the day you could say.

I, of course, feel the first vestiges of fatigue coming on. I dread standing up right now because gravity will take full effect on my limbs and the all over pain will get serious. I dread facing this day because I know that one of two things will happen. I will either sleep most of the day or I will stay up straight through the night and drift off in early morning again. Obviously, I need to stand up or this wouldn't concern me. It's time for my morning medication if not meds from last night. I am not sure if I remembered my "bedtime meds" since I hadn't been awake that long at "bedtime."

Of course I forgot my bedtime meds but I refuse to take them now! There is too much to do for me to waste an entire day even if I don't do anything practical. I need to send Melissa out on errands when she wakes up. It's usually the little things that make me feel helpless. In the old days, I could drive myself to the store and buy things although it was something we did together most of the time. Right now, I need some medical stuff and I want to replenish some food stuff before something dumb happens and we run out of money!

There's a tasting I want to attend on Thursday night so I'd like to save some money for that as well. It will be my first chance to scare all our friends there with my wounds. Ah, my wounds seem to be healing nicely although all the red and black would likely send children running away screaming. (The children at the pain doc's office didn't seem to notice. Do they actually run and scream anymore?) Melissa and I think they are healing nicely although I'd settle for healed yesterday. They hardly cause me any pain these days unless a cat decides to stand on them and then dig in her claws when I ask her to move. I don't think that's happened in a week or so.

Our comfortable loveseat all but exploded yesterday (by some definition of yesterday) when I tried to put the leg rest down. This is the side that was just listing to starboard a little and not the side where the back pops off without notice. Melissa thinks she can make it work again by replacing a screw. We got our TV working again to some degree with our usual teamwork. I put together a practical idea and she made it happen. We have a digital antenna which gets most major networks depending on the weather. I can't figure out which weather works best, of course.

There's pain and fatigue on the one hand. They never seem to leave me alone but my real problem is this lingering feeling of uselessness/helplessness. I never felt like this in the condo. I slept well there, ate well there and took care of myself just fine there. There are things I can try but I have trouble shaking the fear of getting burned. The pun was intended, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment